Creatures

Twitter is awesome. Seeing as I now have 104 followers  on Twitter (@TheAmandaKim) I thought I would do something special for everyone. 

For 104 followers I give you 104 words from Creatures (still not sure on this title name. Will probably be changed in the future)

(I'm actually giving you 113 words because I couldn't very well cut it off in the middle of a sentence)

This is a very unedited and unreviewed portion of the very first draft and it's the very first sentences. 

            “The creatures come out at night. Be home by dusk” his mother’s words ran through his head to the tune of his feet slapping against the asphalt, each word matching with each smack of his feet. The sun was low in the sky, barely visible now and he was still miles from the little shack he called home. 
            His mom was long gone, taken by one of the creatures years ago. It was just him in his tiny little shack, his safe haven after his mom was taken. He thought about all he still had to do when he got home and he knew the tension wouldn’t leave him until after The Lockdown.

Those very first words were the first idea for the book. One day at work they just kept running through my head and when I got home the story started to develop. The first chapter almost felt like I was reading it instead of writing it. 

There you have it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Editing

Sixteen Reasons Why

Coming Out