The Secret

It feels like it's bee multiple weeks since my last blog post.

So I was putzing around on Facebook and this list of the most popular things on amazon popped up.
This was one of them >>> https://manifestationplanner.com/optin
So I started reading about the Law of Attraction. Which led me to the documentary "The Secret"
If you haven't seen it, it's on Netflix.
"The Secret" is based off the book by the same name.

I have seen this book many times in bookstores, walmart, target and I always assumed it was some historical fiction book (Like National Treasure or something) so I never really picked it up. I had always intended to read it, just never really looked in to it.
So the magical Law of Attraction.
What is it?

Basically whatever you put out into the universe is what you get back.
The documentary's example. You tell the universe you really want a cup of coffee. It might not come to you right then but you would get that cup of coffee.
Seemed pretty uhhh... unrealistic. Because if I want a cup of coffee I would get up and refill my cup (which I did).
I was pretty unimpressed as my thought has always been if you want something you need to go get it. Whether it be a cup of coffee or a new career you need to do it yourself, things just don't fall into your lap.
The thing about the Law of Attraction is you really truly have to believe what you're putting out there. If you think its phony then you won't get what you're trying to put out there.
So I tried something else besides coffee.
I went to bed telling myself that I would be up and out of bed at 5:30. I know, sounds like me just convincing myself. But I have a REALLY hard time not getting up at the very last minute. So I was convincing myself and putting it out there in the universe. The next morning I woke up before my first alarm at 5:25 and rolled out of bed.
So I tried something else, so I could convince myself that I wasn't just convincing myself.
I was off one day and I kept putting out there that I would find money in the mailbox when the mailman came today. There would be money in there.
So the mailman came. I waited and told the universe a few more times.
I opened the mailbox and there inside was a fews $5 gift card to ACE hardware for being a "loyal customer" (we're redoing the plumbing in our house and have been there pretty frequently recently)
Not the kind of money I was hoping for, so next time I will be more specific.

I'm not entirely sure that this works could be coincidence, could be luck, but on the plus side I've found waking up at 5:30 enjoyable writing time, before the world wakes up. It's very productive.
This week I'll hopefully be waking up at 5:15. (Come August I need to be up by 5 am to make it to an 8 am class because I commute).

The whole moral of this story, DON'T KNOCK IT 'TIL YOU TRY IT.
It could work for you if you don't think it's a load of hokey while you try it.

Comments

  1. Interesting. I've also been seeing this book for forevvveeeerrr and meaning to check it out. Guess I'll watch it on Netflix. Go you, though! 5 a.m. is hard.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Editing

Coming Out

Sixteen Reasons Why